We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Amazing Body Now is a weight loss program created by author Andrea Albright, which has been one of the best-selling dieting eBooks on the internet for over 5 years.
“I’m just a regular person with less than average genetics. In fact, I can get very fat very easily, and I battled with my weight for years…I’ve actually learned to make healthy eating and fitness FUN…I stay lean, toned, and in great shape year round despite having those “fat-storing genetics”.
Amazing Body is directed towards women and takes a spiritual approach where you will learn to lose weight by nourishing your spirit at the same time as making adjustments in your lifestyle.
Amazing Body Now Basics
The goal of this program is to start loving the food you eat so that you can create a healthy, fit and sexy body. Albright starts by introducing readers to the “Four Pillars of Weight Loss”, which are all of equal importance for the process of losing weight and keeping it off in a healthy way.
The Four Pillars include:
- The Body: diet and exercise
- The Mind: willpower and self-talk
- The Emotions: motivation and mood
- The Spirit: discovering your “deeper self”
The diet plan is designed to help you burn your stubborn belly fat and restore your metabolism, as well as maintaining high energy levels throughout the day.
You will be eating at least five or six small meals a day because this helps to balance your blood sugar levels and eliminate cravings. Albright also advocates the Okinawa principle of eating until you are 80% full.
The Amazing Body meal plan emphasizes natural low glycemic foods such as fruit, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, nuts, avocado and lean proteins. Occasionally you can also enjoy “treat” foods like wine, chocolate and peanut butter but all processed foods should be avoided.
One of the major concepts of this program is to change the focus away from losing weight to improving your health and fitness.
Albright says that when you say “I’m going on a diet so I can lose weight” this really means : “I don’t like my body. I want to change it. To do that I am going to go through some really unpleasant self-torture and deprivation so that I can, temporarily, have a body that I hate slightly less than I hate this one. ”
Conversely, when you focus on how good it feels to be healthy and full of energy you are loving and caring about yourself, you create healthy habits easily, and will enjoy the process. Then you start moving towards building a body that lets you enjoy longevity, happier moods, strength, flexibility, sexiness and fun.
This is part of the spiritual emphasis of Amazing Body Now, which ultimately leads you towards having a better life in the big picture.
Vegetables, fruit, oatmeal, quinoa, black beans, pinto beans, lima beans, lentils, tempeh, eggs, raw nuts, peanut butter, fish, seafood, chicken breast, turkey, red wine, dark chocolate.
Sample Amazing Body Meal Plan
Scrambled eggs and oatmeal
Green salad with chicken breast and avocado
Handful of raw nuts
Vegetarian chili with black beans
1 fresh peach
Amazing Body Now emphasizes the benefits of relaxation for weight loss, so many of the exercises are based on yoga. Some other recommended ways to stay active include dance classes and team sports.
The most important thing is to find a physical activity that you love to do and to stop thinking of exercise as an obligation. Your goal is to build your body to become strong and healthy so that you can more easily burn fat and naturally create a lean physique.
Costs and Expenses
Amazing Body Now is available in eBook format for $27.
- Encourages the intake of a wide variety of healthy foods.
- Will appeal to dieters with a spiritual inclination.
- Can assist those struggling with emotional or mindless eating.
- Offers guidance on healthy food choices for weight loss.
- Emphasizes self-acceptance and getting healthy, rather than simply losing weight.
- Encourages exercise.
- Can be used in conjunction with other diet and weight loss programs.
- Only available in eBook format.
- Does not include a specific exercise plan.
- May take time to read the book, so it could be a while before dieters are able to put the principles into action.
- Some dieters will prefer a more structured approach.
Not a Quick Fix
Amazing Body Now is a weight loss program that emphasizes health and enjoyment of life above a “quick-fix” approach.
This eBook includes diet and exercise guidelines as well as encouraging you to reprogram your beliefs, love your body, and look at your weight loss challenges in a whole new way so that losing weight becomes an easy and enjoyable process.
By Mizpah Matus B.Hlth.Sc(Hons)
- Guyenet, S. J., Schwartz, M. W. (2012). Regulation of food intake, energy balance, and body fat mass: implications for the pathogenesis and treatment of obesity. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology Metabolism, 97(3), 745-755. abstract
- Te Morenga, L., Mallard, S., Mann, J. (2013). Dietary sugars and body weight: systematic review and meta-analyses of randomised controlled trials and cohort studies. Bmj, 346, e7492. abstract
Last Reviewed: January 16, 2018